Netatmo Thermostat wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
B276CAE5-7A47-4C10-9BD2-29D881214DEE.jpeg CBCF0ABF-CDA0-4527-B720-1886E32D74A3.jpeg

hi all
I purchased a netatmo smart thermostat as replacement to my existing dumb wireless stat.

I thought it would be a straight swap but not so sure now. The old stat has live, neutral and switched live. The netatmo has 4 wires in the ‘boiler adapter’ and I’m not sure how to connect it.

In the attached you see the current stat receiver and where it connects in to the UF heating wiring centre clearly marked L, N, SL. Presumably L and N are brown and blue in the netatmo but what about the grey or black ?

Thanks in advance
Nick

Sponsored Links
As you are using the existing thermostat wiring, then you don't need to use the boiler adapter.

The relay box should just be connected to a mains power supply. Don't connect the boiler adapter to it, in this mode of installation, the relay box will communicate with the thermostat and the internet wirelessly.

The Brown and Black wires visible in your photo of the existing thermostat are the switching wires and will connect to the two terminals on the new Netatmo thermostat mounting plate as below (it doesn't matter which way around they go). The Blue neutral wire is not required and so should be insulated / isolated and tucked safely out of the way.

MTG plate.JPG

AFAIK these are generally found in the USA, so if you have bought yours on line, make sure it is suitable for operation with UK mains voltage.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back