Netatmo Smart thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've purchased a Netatmo wireless thermostat to replace satchwell tlx 2259.

I've looked at the install guide from Netatmo, and it says I need to identify the control wires: http://www.cube.com.mk/upatstvo/manual1_en-US.pdf
If there are only two wires, they are the control wires and are useful in this setup.
- If there are more than two wires, identify the two control wires. They are usually black or grey.
The wires can be identified as shown on the following diagram
Note: if there are more than two wires, the others are power supply wires and are useless here. They are usually brown, blue, green or yellow.
n

My thermostat has three wires and I cant easily identify the oones I need, can anyone help.
3q9ToLlSYIVJDJHFL3H-0UaVWXVC-OluR7ND6Aa1L7QS1ObU9wjXhSPomxc_QYfFMdPRAhRgkhZ2BNxXwP_zkHCWtA8el-HM=w1896-h859

Sponsored Links
Terminal 3 of the TLX 2259 is live; terminal 1 is switched live. These are the control wires

The wire connected to terminal 4 is a Neutral, which is not needed. Make it safe by connecting to a small terminal block hidden behind the new stat.

Thanks, so to confirm from the picture of the existing thermostat I need the yellow and grey wire, it's not very clear which terminal is which.

The image has been rotaed for some reason, the wires are along the bottom. :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks, so to confirm from the picture of the existing thermostat I need the yellow and grey wire, it's not very clear which terminal is which.
No! you need the yellow and orange wires. The grey (blue?) wire is the neutral which needs to be made safe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back