Boiler Room Stat wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, it's a while since I've needed assistance on here and I'm hoping you can steer me right as you've never done me wrong in the past.

I have a Grants Multipass Oil boiler with onboard digital timer and no room stat.
I have invested in the Netatmo wireless room stat, timer intelligent app system.
I am at the point of removing the original timer and swapping to the Netatmo transmitter but I have a query.
The Netatmo has the usual four wires. The original timer has 5, two power, one central heating, HW on and HW off.

How do I wire it please?

Sponsored Links
Is it a combi boiler?
If it's a system boiler then you'll need to leave the internal programmer connected and wire the new stat through the wiring centre at the 3 port zone valve. If that is the type of system you have?

If you remove the timer then you will have no control over the hot water timing.

Sponsored Links
I've just come home having been out for a meeting and realise that I was overthinking it in entirely the wrong direction!

Thanks for the help guys and I will be back on if I fail at the next attempt :LOL:

The Netatmo only controls the Central Heating. You will have to retain the existing programmer to control the Hot Water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back