Advice on toilet waste connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to replace the downstairs toilet in the next couple of months. The waste comes out the back of the pan into a 90 degree bend, then down into the plastic pipe set in the concrete floor (house is about 20 years old if relevant). Am I right in saying that all waste pipework is push fit, including into the pan and into the pipe in the floor)? Is any form of sealant needed or are the seals on these fittings air and water tight?

The existing 90 degree fitting won't be suitable as the new pan is likely to be a bit further away from the wall than the old one, and a bit higher off the ground (I'll be fitting laminate floor). What sort of fittings will I need to look for? I've seen 90 degree bends with a flexi bit on one side like this one, which I assume is meant to go into the hole in the ground. But what about the horizontal section between pan and bend - is there such a thing as a 90 degree with flexi on both sides of the bend, or is something else needed here?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hard to visualise something we have never seen before. You can get long tail pan connectors, but you or someone else with eyes on site would know better, unless you can post some photos?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back