Advice Please - How to lay Linkable channel drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to lay about 8m of Linkable channel drain to remove surface water from a channel between 2 patio areas. (this sort of drain https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-flodrain-drainage-pack-silver-115mm-x-1m-3-pack/73529)

So far I have dug the trench and made sure it has a firm base with some Type 2 tamped into the bottom. I have left about 30mm excess for something to go below the channel drain. Initially I was just going to lay a bed of mortar and try and level the channel drains on that but I think it will be hard to get it level. My next thought was to use a bed of pea shingle to allow me to set the channel drain and get it level and then to use mortar to fill from the pea shingle to the surface level.

Can anyone advise the best way to do this? I haven't done any drainage work before.

TIA

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back