advice re quadrant tray install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
looking for some advice or guidance on quadrant shower tray (attached pics). As per pics legs are extended so waste is off ground. This will replace existing tray. Looking to put on bed of mortar to fix in place but will not have any access to waste outlet once in place. Would this be the norm for this type of tray or could it be installed on some sort of base for access.

Sponsored Links
When a tray has legs, like this, you don't bed it on cement, you stand it on a VERY rigid platform.

tks. when you say stand it on very rigid platform i could put on ply but how do i fix in place not to allow any movement.
Also if i do have a leak in the future will i have to pull tray put to diagnose problem - would this be the norm.

Silcone seal the tray to the 2 walls and it will not move.
You can also screw the legs stands to the floor or glue in places you cannot reach.
The weight of the enclosure and fixings keep the whole unit nice and stable.
Although I would never use a fibre glass tray as they tend to flex/crack over the years a stone resin is a much better choice imho.

Good luck
Pete
ps just noticed your tray height usually you can extend the legs and then use a front curved cover so you have access to the waste if required

Sponsored Links
tks fluffster,
in hindsight i should have gone for stone resin but i can't return fibre glass at this stage. i can only extend the legs so much that it leave only a gap of an inch or two so don't think i'll be able to get to waste if problem. Could put legs up on thicker ply though.

Just one further question. I'm replacing square tray with this quadrant however waste trap will be opposite end of new tray( i know another mistake). Had a look under neath square tray and waste goes directly down. Presumably i can purchase some connector to connect up to new waste and just make sure its at an angle. Any advice would be appreciate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back