Advice required for a new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

My central heating system keeps going off and if i turn it off for 10 mins then turn it on is comes back on.I have a glow-worm 10 year old condensing boiler with a thermalstore in the cupboard.The thermal store has been changed 3 times in 10 years ( leaking internally and so has approx 25 others on my estate ) and the boiler had given grief for ages.Now is the time to change it but to what?
wife wants an airing cupboard I looking at a combi ..house rads add up to 45000 btu's
Can any one advise what make to buy and whether a combi is a good idea
A friend recomended Alpha and a new boiler with 5 years warranty a 35kw
Are they any good ?

Sponsored Links
tally100 said:
Hi All
The thermal store has been changed 3 times in 10 years ( leaking internally and so has approx 25 others on my estate ) and the boiler had given grief for ages.
Where is WS when you need him!

tally100 said:
Can any one advise what make to buy and whether a combi is a good idea
A friend recomended Alpha and a new boiler with 5 years warranty a 35kw
Are they any good ?

I would go for an Atag. I am seriously considering offering a 5 year warranty myself on these boilers as I get no work from them in repairs :cool:

an atag. or ariston. blimy people.
depens on the space you have or location of the appliance and budget.
either have 2 units new boiler and new thermo store. forget gledhill,
try the range stainless unvented or heatra megagflows. or just go for a combi unit. valliant or worcester.

Which valliant or worcester would you go for and roughly how much should it cost labour to swop out ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
worcester 28i junior greenstar
valliant eco tech pro 28.
both units are under 800 inc flue. shop around.
both same flow rates and dimentions.
i personally like the eco tec. only cos it has a stainless heat ex and desent fittings. the worcester has an ali heat ex. -will corrode in time. and o'ring fittings which can leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back