New Boiler Required,

The intergas can't be fitted due to its size and layout.

The veissman man who came out today was really helpful and filled me with confidence, I spoke to him about the intergas, and he really likes them only reason he don't fit them is because he says he doesn't really like the local intergas rep. Any way he said looking at it the intergas wouldn't fit, mostly due to the condensate, just checked the install manual and yep you need 840mm clearance, I've got 780mm (from the top of the existing boiler to the base of the cupboard)

He also recommended the Baxi to me because of the way the flue can be situated to go straight out the rear of the unit, which means I can lift the boiler higher from the base of the cupboard, he said he has fitted about 10 so far with no issues.

He said he has had issues with a couple of veissman but said they have always sorted it out no quibble. Oh and the veissman no longer have rubber hoses, they have now changed them all to copper only.

What's the opinions on the Baxi? Probably not great.

Have uploaded some photos to show what I mean about the boiler and being restricted in size.

Attachments

• IMG_20180416_185238.jpg
    IMG_20180416_185238.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20180416_185552.jpg
    IMG_20180416_185552.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Shame. Yes height is sometimes an issue with them. Viessmann are good but go for the 200 rather than the 100 if space allows - it is far superior.

Baxi are ok, but the older ranges such as the Duotec aren't compatible with modern energy-saving controls, and the newer ranges are still a bit unproven as they've not been out long. You do get a long warranty and decent-ish backup though - usually 2-3 days wait for them to respond to a warranty call

Hmmm

I was looking at the veissman 50 tbh, then the guy mentioned about the 100 and said it's about £150 more but is a better boiler. Only downside is you have to pay veissman an extra £150 to extend the warranty to 7 years.

Veissman website doesn't really explain the difference between their boilers very well.

EDIT: the 200 doesn't fit, to tall

I thought the Baxi he offered was the 100 but that's not the 7 year one so he must be talking about the 600, the Baxi is also cheaper than both veissman.

My next question is the new boiler + regs plumber said it only needs the external temp sensor. But others have mentioned about needing the smart controls also.

Last edited:
I has British Gas round the other day for a boiler change quote. Quite toppy but no mention of external temp sensor or smart controls as a requirement to comply with regs. Smart thermostat (Hive) was offered as an option though.

Sponsored Links
I will chip in here and quickly mention the Atag gas boiler as you are still in the research stage. The combi models start with iC. Has weather compensation, smart controls and remote monitoring if you want that. Little known brand in the UK but they have a history selling commercial boilers. They will say their selling points are that they use only high grade stainless steel and brass components throughout their range, they use a simple design, offer a lifetime guarantee on their heat exchanger and is the most efficient boiler in the world. Trustpilot seems to rate them very highly but we shouldn't rely on that and I am interested to know what engineers think too.

Last edited:
I has British Gas round the other day for a boiler change quote. Quite toppy but no mention of external temp sensor or smart controls as a requirement to comply with regs. Smart thermostat (Hive) was offered as an option though.

As of 1st April the regs have definitely changed to inc the external sensor

I will chip in here and quickly mention the Atag gas boiler as you are still in the research stage. The combi models start with iC. Has weather compensation, smart controls and remote monitoring if you want that. Little known brand in the UK but they have a history selling commercial boilers. They will say their selling points are that they use only high grade stainless steel and brass components throughout their range, they use a simple design, offer a lifetime guarantee on their heat exchanger and is the most efficient boiler in the world. Trustpilot seems to rate them very highly but we shouldn't rely on that and I am interested to know what engineers think too.

I do like the look of them, prob quite expensive though

EDIT: it's £2055 approx to supply and fit with the ATAG one unit. With the Boiler Replacement Co essex

Last edited:
As of 1st April the regs have definitely changed to inc the external sensor

Looking at this, it appears it only applies on a combi boiler installation.

Boiler Plus 2018: What does the new legislation mean for you?

From 6th April 2018 the legislation around heating manufacture and installation in the UK is changing, and there are some big changes.

These changes have been named Boiler Plus and are being introduced by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS). They address the energy efficiency of heating systems and have raised the bar for both manufacturers and installers.

• Gas boiler performance: space heating efficiency of the new boiler no less than ErP 92%
  • Time and temperature control required for all gas and oil boiler installations
  • Combi boiler installations must also include one of the following: Weather compensation, Load compensation, Flue Gas Heat Recovery, Smart controls

i know this is a really old thread, but it has been rumbling along in my house for a while.

Firstly i would like to thank the members whom contributed for their help.

i did end up getting in contact with Dean from Robinson heating, and at the time our current boiler had managed to fix itself, so we decided to sell, we found a house which we were to get a new boiler installed but it didn't work out then it took a while to find somewhere else. With all the hassle of moving etc it kind of went on the back burner, then around xmas time the boiler starter playing up and the system wasn't holding pressure.

Having spoken to Dean 2 years ago i did promise to give him a call as soon as we were sorted, i didn't expect it to be 2 years later. Anyway i couldn't fault Dean's service and we got on really well with him thoroughly nice bloke and done a really good job on the install. Unfortunately covid happened halfway through the install and it took a lot longer than perhaps it should have done for him and i feel bad it might not have been as profitable for him as it should have been.

i ended up going the Opentherm route and got the honeywell evo home installed at the same time, all in all very happy with my choice and thanks to the guys on here.

p.s it's a shame Dan Robinson no longer frequents this forum (i dont think razor does either anymore)

p.s it's a shame Dan Robinson no longer frequents this forum (i dont think razor does either anymore)

Had noticed a lot fewer posts and comments about Intergas and wondered if they are still operating as they have been in times past.
I saw an Intergas van in a local car park recently and wished I'd been able to catch the driver to see what the local installation/maintenance situation is.

Had noticed a lot fewer posts and comments about Intergas and wondered if they are still operating as they have been in times past.
I saw an Intergas van in a local car park recently and wished I'd been able to catch the driver to see what the local installation/maintenance situation is.
They're doing as well as can be expected in present circumstances. Intergas service vans tend to spend quite a bit of time sitting around - there isn't that much fixing to do! Compare that to Woofter, 350 engineers who are all fully occupied 364 days of the year...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back