Glow Worm Betacom 24/30 Condensing Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am having a new boiler put in. Currently have a powermax 155 and its done for.
Ive had a few quotes on different boilers inc Worcester Bosch, Glow Worm and Baxi Duo-Tec.

Baxi was £2k which inc ripping old one out etc etc. The Glow worm quote was £900 was seemed very cheap.

Can anyone tell me if the Glow Worm is a good boiler ?

I live in a 2 bed terrace house, 2 people.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Any competent CORGI installer should be able to fit any make of boiler.

To compare quotes you need to have everyone quote for the same model.

The £900 seems very suspicious. Get the details confirmed in writing even only just hand written so you know what it covers.

You dont say where you are and that can make a difference.

We would quote about £1700-£1900 to fit a 24 kW combi.

Be aware a combi will NOT give the same flow rate as your old 155 !

To match that you would need a storage combi like the Vaillant 937.

I have fears that you have not been properly informed of the water flow rate and that you are going to be very disappointed!

Tony

Thanks for your reply.

Is my powermax 155 a combi boiler ? Theres a small tank of cold water in the loft, also on the face of the boiler I cant see a power gauge ? Does that make sense ?

What KW would you suggest ?

That price was from Ebay, but a shop. I rang them up. I guess just a way of advertising.

£2k was for a Baxi Duo-tec 24 HE inc digital clock, rad valves, flush radiators, flue etc. All in. One day job too.

Sponsored Links
[quote="christiansearle";p="1159012"

£2k was for a Baxi Duo-tec 24 HE inc digital clock, rad valves, flush radiators, flue etc. All in. One day job too.

[/quote]

I can never understand how any consumer can think that someone who puts a boiler in quickly is going to do a better job that someone who takes the time to do it properly.

"Flush the radiators" can mean anything from drain and refil to power flushing for five hours using the correct chemicals.

I dont think your one day man is going to be power flushing it for five hours!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back