Valient vs Glow-Worm

att

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am faced with the possibility of having to replace the boiler.
The given choices are

1.Valient
2.Glow-Worm

Is it true that Glow-worm are part of the Vailant group ?
Which would you recommend 1 or 2 ?
This is for a 1 bed flat, current boiler is a Ideal response 120
Thanks for any advice.
Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
Valliant own glowworm

the valliant is a better combi, others worth a look are the worcester range and the viessmann combi looks not bad but a lower output.

They are the same group however the difference between the two organisation is stark.

I would not install a Gloworm boiler if it was free and they produced the best boilers on the market (which they certainly do not), their back up and after sales is nothing short of appalling and has been for at least the last 20 years.

If theres one firm that needs a complete overhaul it's got to be Gloworm I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, unfortunately our firm is in a partnership with them and we deal with hundreds of their crappy boilers and their useless and unhelpful staff.

Sponsored Links
Out of the two the Vaillant ecoTEC plus is streets ahead. It does have some plastic components, of course. You can't beat a combi made mainly from brass and stainless but no one will pay for them. I wonder what a Sine 18 would cost now (£1600?).

The Vaillant 4 series open vent conventional is predominantly Glowworm and is only for the UK, so not everything with Vaillant written on it is good.

The Viessmann 100 range also has a lot of plastic in it.

Many thanks for all the replies :)
I am a bit confused by the statement
“I would not install a Gloworm boiler if it was free and they produced the best boilers on the market (which they certainly do not), their back up and after sales is nothing short of appalling and has been for at least the last 20 years.”

because my heating engineer highly recommended Glowworm. Is this the current industry sentiment ?
If so, I truly wonder why the engineer recommended Glowworm ?
Perhaps I should seek a second opinion ?

:) lol
He sounds very honest , so I am even more confused !

I fit nothing but Vaillant, but recently after a factory visit to Glow Worm at Belper I would consider Glow Worms for anyone on a budget. I also have a deal in place with them to give extra value for my customers.

If you go for a Vaillant you will still get the same engineers out to repair if a fault occurs.

Vaillant/Glow Worm are aware of the general feeling about their service side and I am assured that this is being addressed.

You'd be surprised how much gets back to them ;) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back