Glow worm Spares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay this is the bit where the dumb female (me) gets a crash course in boilers!!

I did buy another flu extension 1 meter which looked v similar but it did not fit exact so the gas maintenance man wouldn't entertain it. I will try B&Q and see if there parts would match as I can take along the old parts and check.

It's not a condensing boiler, it was fitted just before they switched over.

Thanks for the advice!

Sponsored Links
boilers don't just fall off walls, and people who work on them don't cause them to fall off walls unless they are malicious and do it on purpose. I think its safe to say your boiler installation was a bodge. No point looking for a scape goat, unless you know the installer of course.
You will struggle to get a flue for it. Its not a spare part because they don't go wrong and its not technically part of the boiler. They don't keep the odd spare flue in case someones boiler falls off the wall.
If you get another one, it will have to be the same from the same flue manufacturer(ideally the correct glowworm part no), whoever that may be, but you'll have trouble finding out as maufacturers like us to believe they make all the boiler and all its accessories because they put their name on it.
Personally I think you should start considering the possibility of having to replace the boiler.

there is no twin flue option and by the sounds of the ops post i would hazard a guess they've used the rear flue outlet option which uses a dedicated kit.
A2018000 looks like you can still get it :eek:

Sponsored Links
When you say A2018000 is this the code for the kit which you think I should still be able to get? Thanks!! I appreciate all the help.

Unfortunately the telescopic kit is not long enough, its only 540mm in length, not the 1 mtr required.......it seems so wasteful that I will have to buy a new boiler for one piece but it's looking like I have no alternative.

Legislation also doesn't cover accessories like the flu or timer, I've checked. Other parts they do have for up to 15 years. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back