Glow worm Spares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a glow worm part 85091H, flu extension kit 1 metre. Apparently they are now obsolete, but I don't want to have to replace the whole boiler for one part. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I don't want to have to replace the whole boiler for one part.
and they say it's a rumour about the scots being tight. ;)

how old is your boiler.?

It's about 6 years old.

Is this a con by manufacturers now to get you to replace the boilers quicker....they stop producing the spare parts and you've no alternative.

I've tried about 20 different spare part outlets...they all tell me the same thing, it's obsolete. :(

Sponsored Links
I belive manufacturers have to have parts available for a period after production of the appliances stops.

I seem to think it may be five or ten years (its a vague memory)
if it falls within this bracket knock it back to the manufacturers.

should be legislation you can check .

Thanks, will try the manufacturers and see what they come back with.

Failing that I'll look into the HE extension kit.

The problem is we have a gas maintenance plan and they will only fit an approved glow worm part. The plan (which I've been paying for years) is only good if there are available parts - another con if you ask me.

my link did'n work,,but its ebay, go on there and search glowworm flue.

The problem is we have a gas maintenance plan and they will only fit an approved glow worm part. The plan (which I've been paying for years) is only good if there are available parts - another con if you ask me.

what else are they going to do? knock something up out of a coke can?

It's a Glowworm 30si, GC 41 047 T0.

And to Nickso, yes, if they're prepared to take over £200 pa for a maintenance plan on a boiler they know they can no longer get spare parts for then yes, they bleedin well should knock something up out of a coke can.

It's a Glowworm 30si, GC 41 047 T0.

And to Nickso, yes, if they're prepared to take over £200 pa for a maintenance plan on a boiler they know they can no longer get spare parts for then yes, they bleedin well should knock something up out of a coke can.

Flues arent ever really intended to be replaced. This problem usually occurs when people want to relocate th boiler.

Why does it need a new flue?

By 'coincidence' a week after we had a small leak fixed near to the boiler (using an engineer with our gas maintenance plan), the boiler fell down off the wall.......of course they claim it was just a coincidence, we can't prove they were at fault!! That's when we were informed that the correct fitting for the flu had never been used and they will not re-connect it all unless we use the proper fitting (it had been there for over 6 years!).

Most of these flues are bought in products , the flue in question may well be used by otyher manu's , the question than becomes who ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back