Mira 415 Compatibility: Glow worm Express 80 Combi Boiler

nmk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help!

I've tried to contact Glow Worm Technical support but their telephone que is never ending and nobody appears to reply to technical support emails!

I've got a Glow worm Express 80 Combi boiler and i'm looking to install a Mira Combiforce 415 EV Mixer Shower. However, Mira tell me that the shower will only work on: 1) A high-pressure system 2) A Fully-modulating boiler

Could anyone tell me if the Glow worm Express 80 combi boilers are fully-modulating and work well with the shower i'm looking to fit?

Has anyone fitted it on the same boiler- does it work? Any problems?

Your help, advice and experiences would be appreciated.

thanks
nmk

Sponsored Links
The boiler is fully modulating and should be compatable with the Mira shower. The boiler is old but should still cope if it is in good condition.

cheers mate- i really appreciate the quick reply.

with regards to it also needing to be a high pressure system- does my boiler fit that requirement too? (Sorry if my questions sound a little bit silly, it's just that i'm only just getting to grips with plumbing!)

thanks again,

nmk

p.s. How do know that the boiler is fully modulating- have you worked on one before? The reason i ask is that i had a corgi plumber come out to check the boiler, and he couldn't seem to tell whether it was fully modulating or not!

There is a difference between a plumber and a boiler engineer!

One should add that as well as being fully modulating by design the boiler and particularly the gas valve should be properly set up.

I once went to a boiler and the gas valve minimum and maximum settings were the same so there was no modulation and the hot water went hot-cold, cold-hot !

Tony

Sponsored Links
I used to work for Glow-worm. Your boiler hot water works off mains water pressure which will be higher than if it is tank fed where a different type of shower would be required.

A gravity fed system can be high pressure - if a tank is 25m high you will have 2.5bar pressure, a main could be as low as 1bar- so a tank fed system in some case can be classed as high pressure and provide more pressure than an in coming main. Anyone know what figure is classed as high pressure?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back