Mira 88 Gem or Mira 415 Combiforce?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After weighing up options for a new shower for months and getting fed up with sticky conditionery hair, I've decided I'm just going to get a mixer shower and be happy. It's bound to be 10x better than our crappy Triton electric shower.

Mira showers seem to look quite nice so I've been looking at those. I've found two that look very similar (and the Mrs is happy with how they look)

Mira Combiforce 415 EV
Mira Gem 88 EV

Does the Combiforce shower help the pressure? Or is it for high pressure systems? (ours is not)

My boiler is a Vaillant "ecoTEC plus 824", if that helps.

Sponsored Links
The Combiforce is a nice bit of kit, and seems well made. It won't help the pressure, it can only supply the pressure and flow that your system is capable of providing.

Are you saying that you have a gravity system, with immersion tank, and tanks in the loft?

The only shower I know that can boost pressure, is the Trevi Boost. This takes hw from the cylinder, and uses a mains pressure cold supply to boost the hot flow.

Not sure what the system is - we have a combi boiler in the conservatory and the shower is on the first floor. There's no tank.

Ok, so you have a combi. The 415EV is what you need, as the other is for low pressure gravity systems. What is the hot and cold pressure/flow like to the bathroom? Combis can usually give a good shower without needing to be boosted.

I have a Combiforce myself, and am very happy with it. It runs off of my combi.

If there are doubts over your flow rate, you need to measure it, and find out what the min. flow requirement for this shower is.

If you don't want to spend so much money, thermostatic bar mixers are also good with combis. Good branded start at £70ish upwards.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice :)

I just ordered the Combiforce. Looking forward to a good shower!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back