Gravity/mains fed shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, we have moved into a house which has a Mira Combiforce 415 shower. The hot is fed by a combi-boiler and the cold is from a tank in the attic. We are struggling to get any consistency in temperature and flow. Is it because the pressure between gravity and mains are not equal? I've looked on the Mira site and that model claims to have a 'pressure balancing technology' so I'd have thought we shouldn't have that problem.
http://www.mirashowers-mobile.co.uk/products/mira-combiforce-415-biv.aspx

Do we need a different shower or do we need to get the cold fed by mains pressure? Thanks

Sponsored Links
You need both hot and cold to run of the main, I don't however know if you shower is ok for that but if hot main hasn't caused a problem it's probably ok.

Damn, was hoping for an easy option. Up with the floorboards then... :(
Thanks

Sponsored Links
what else is fed from the tank that feeds the cold to the shower?
I think someone might be getting the wrong end of the stick.
The floorboards have got to come up so the OP can feed cold mains to the mixer, methinks.

James is thinking cut rising main and cold feed in loft and couple them together.

Why have you got a combi and cold water storage

The combi force unsurprisingly by its name is designed specifically for a combi and mains cold

Well the floorboards came up and now the shower is fed by mains cold and combi hot (Ideal Combi 35kw). It's a far more powerful shower now and much better but it's still a bit slow to react, particularly when trying to reduce the temperature. Any thoughts on why? Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back