Combi condensing boiler - problems with dimensions??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Want to have a combi condensing boiler fitted, but I have a gravity fed system with an old baxi boiler. The dimensions of my cupboard are 870(h)x565 (w)x 360(d). I have had quotes for a Baxi duo tec 28 HE, Heatline solaris, vokera29he, vokera unica 28he, sabre 29he, glow worm ultra com 30cxi, worcester28junior, glow worm flexicom 30cx and heatline solaris 30.

The only one I can see that will fit these dims is the glow worms but worried about the reliability, any suggestions on whether I should go with these or do you think the others would fit?

Cheers
Paul

Sponsored Links
Glowworms came out top in a recent Which boiler revue.
I fit them and up to now have had one problem with an o-ring incorrectly fitted in the waterways. Went to the supplier and got another boiler and swapped it over.
Problem sorted.
Others will tell you different, everybody has there preferred make, most are ok if installed and commissioned correctly.

9 quotes and you are still asking for advice.

The 8 or more unlucky people who beat a path to your door will have to make a living by transferring their living costs to every other job they get.

Or did one person quote you for 9 different boilers?

Glowworm is a cheapo brand, I quoted for one that was 3 yrs old to be taken out on Friday. The customer was utterly fed up with it breaking down every two months. It had had two PCBs in that time and both contained retrofit mods on A4 sheets. A clear indication of a product with design problems.

simin, heard on a different forum that glow worms had design problems but I'm not that au fait with boilers so didn't really know what to think. My second best option is the baxi 28he....maybe that would be better?

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with the glow worms at all, which? magazine best buy. Vaillant ecotec pro28 with 3yr warranty from vhs direct also another good buy and good value. I avoid the Baxi's as have had lots of bad news about them. Agree that if you have had 9 quotes you are a time waster!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back