your opinion please on a new boiler - Glow Worm Ultracom2CXI

Sponsored Links
thats right you dont fit any cause u carnt. your most likely a plumber who just fits bogs..

dont fit them either, keep trying....

rofl5.gif

fishing trip mickey ;)

I had a Glow Worm Ultracom 2CXi installed last Wednesday and by Thursday I had no hot water. The plumber who installed it spoke to Glow Worm technical bods, so they knew which part was faulty, but despite this, the engineer did not have the part on his van! You really couldn't make this up. After forking out a fortune for the boiler, I now have to boil kettles for washing water.
Goodness knows when it will be fixed.
AVOID THIS BOILER LIKE THE PLAGUE! it is a useless lump of junk.

Sponsored Links
micky its clear to me you are a sheep just fit what everyone else is vaillant veissmann etc step out of your comfort zone for a min an try something different or are your skills limited? you are the gimp of the forum my friend :LOL:

Talk about sheep following sheep, out of your comfort zone??

My Biassi is now 12yrs old in that time i've replaced the diaphram twice, fitted a new timer and had to blow the condensation out of the balance pipe, cost so far circa £100, my mother in law always gets sold a Valiant that cost an arm & a leg and breaks down far to often. Why do gas fitters always knock Biassi, two other properties i own were fitted with "A" rated Biassi's 6yrs ago and apart from the gas safety check have never broken down, my old "X" Rated is now being replaced with an "A" rated Biassi 32 which we got from B&Q for £600 useing a trade card and a bit of bartering. :LOL:

I had a Glow Worm Ultracom 2CXi installed last Wednesday and by Thursday I had no hot water. The plumber who installed it spoke to Glow Worm technical bods, so they knew which part was faulty, but despite this, the engineer did not have the part on his van! You really couldn't make this up. After forking out a fortune for the boiler, I now have to boil kettles for washing water.
Goodness knows when it will be fixed.
AVOID THIS BOILER LIKE THE PLAGUE! it is a useless lump of junk.

You failed to say what the fault was, denying your post of much credibility.
Also, if Glowworm have ordered a part they would have told you when they are coming back so the last part of your post is just ridiculous.
Ive installed quite alot of these boilers and had zero failures in 2 years, which makes me wonder whether the fault is due to your installer or bad luck, or something more sinister...

Biasi made , some very reliable boilers , fitted a few myself , how ever they are IMHO a lousey company to deal with ,a total shower & a waste of space

the company who state

" we do not deal with intermitent faults (warranty ) on our boilers " :)
" tell your customer to contact us direct when the fault becomes permanent " :D :D

Etc Etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back