AEG LAVAMAT 88730 Washing Machine--Error C6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know the meaning of error code C6 for above washing machine? My AEG washing machine displays this error code in the middle of the wash cycle and stops working with the 'main wash and rinse lights' flashing. I have to press the START button to complete the wash cycle. Would be grateful if anyone can help.

Sponsored Links
These are error codes for the AEG German made lavamat 1997 on.
These are only guides as the position of the timer indicator should also be noted if any of these codes are shown, but at least it should point you in the right direction.
C1 not filling/ too slow fill
C2 not pumping/too slow pump output
C3 Aqua control activated, either over fill or leak in base or open or short circuit pump.
C7 Not heating or, oddly, leaking thru solonoid valve
C8 dreaded NTC fault
C9 Tacho or motor fault (brushes even)
CA motor triac short circuit
CD door lock faulty
CE Water distributer fault (this machine has a small motor in the dispenser to select the compartment to fill through, this in turn operates a microswitch inside the dispenser. If this has not been activated within 2 mins, then this code is displayed*very common fault we find)
CF double dreaded EEprom fault (ask Alex!)

Some of these faults are locked in and will return even if machine is disconnected, the only way to clear them is to run the test programme. Hold in Pre wash and soak button while turning rotary knob to gentle spin.

Thanks for a very comprehensive list of error codes. Unfortunately C6 is not in the list. Perhaps you have not come across this error. Can anybody else help with error code C6. Thanks in advance.

This list came from aeg c6 not a error code pehaps

Sponsored Links
Thanks for a very comprehensive list of error codes. Unfortunately C6 is not in the list. Perhaps you have not come across this error. Can anybody else help with error code C6. Thanks in advance.
I had the same problem a year ago
The problem was that on the main circuit board the clips that are holding the cables on the board were louse.
I pressed them in a little and that was.
I never had the same problem again.

Hello everyone sory for my little broke english but I want to ask enyone know what is CF-error ?? and how I can fix it? Does my washing mashine need to repair in service or I can try to fix it at home. Thanks for helping me now:):)

Better starting a new thread rather than tag onto on old one.
CF indicates an Eeprom error. It can be caused by the wrong programming sequence (only if you have replaced the main pcb or changed parameters in service mode). It can also be caused by user interface failure or a defective pcb. This is not normally a DIY repair.

Just fixed my AEG washing machine with C6 fault. Changed wtare valve and sorted electrical distribution box which had become unclipped.
Holding down Prewash and Stain buttons whilst turning programme knob to short spin cleared the fault code and now all fine :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back