Aerial Suppliers and bits Glasgow area.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

anyone know of suppliers in the Glasgow area. I've tried searching on Google but all it throws up are installers.

I'm looking for the equivalent of a plumbers merchant/ timber merchant to install my own FM ariel.

I sourced the aerial from these guys below but I need a 6 meter/20ft 2" or 1& 1/2" 16 gauge steel mast and 600mm wall brackets & cable etc and obviously I'll have to pick these up locally due to size and weight.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions.

Tony

http://www.ronsmithaerials.com/catalogue/menu.php

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies guys.

I didn't think asking an installer to sell bits would be a good idea but if that's the way the aerial industry works (?) then I'll give that a go, thanks.

Yeah I've looked at Maplins/Screwfix etc but the mast size is an issue as 10ft seems to be the 'standard' size. I know you can buy couplers but I would rather avoid that if possible.

Suppose I could get hold of a scaffolding pole...

Cheers.

Tony

Sponsored Links
What about the radio ham guys? They must know where to get that kind of stuff, I'm sure they'll have a forum.

What about the radio ham guys? They must know where to get that kind of stuff, I'm sure they'll have a forum.

There's plenty of places to get most of the stuff on-line Stivino but there doesn't appear to be anywhere you can just walk into off the street.

I'll nip into B&Q later and have a look at what's available there.

Those T and K brackets are heavy and some of them have to made to order depending on the size.

Thanks again.

Tony please DON'T buy the cr*p sold by a DIY store!
I have emailed you details of your local trade supplier.
As you are a trader (albeit a plumber) they will be happy to sell you anything you want.

Tony please DON'T buy the cr*p sold by a DIY store!
I have emailed you details of your local trade supplier.
As you are a trader (albeit a plumber) they will be happy to sell you anything you want.

Thanks Sam,

your a diamond mate :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links