AG6 Bell Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am fitting a full AG6 bell box at the rear of the property to replace a dummy box, but was planning to use the internal battery and LED to have a flashing deterrent at the rear. But I cant work out how to do this, or if its even possible? All instructions point towards needing the 12v coming from the panel, but I don't have this connection.

Can the AG6 be set so that just the LED is flashing without panel connection? many thanks.

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk...ternal-siren-blue-inc-white-cover-p-1973.html

Sponsored Links
No
Bell box will need 12 v connection

Wot e sed. The internal battery is only for use in the case of a hoodlum cutting the cable to the bell box. If he cuts it, it will go off running from the internal battery. That means that the battery is constantly charged via the cabled 12 volts. If your AG6 is anything like my Honeywells, the LED will only work with power applied. Even if you mucked around rewiring the bell box internals, the battery would quickly go flat from either self discharge and /or LED drainage. In my (extremely) limited experience, the typical flashing LED(s) on these things are effectively useless. You can't see them during the day and you have a 50% chance of being burgled during daylight hours. You might see it at night if you stand really closely to it. I've know 6 boxes and they're all naff. The manufacturers do stupid things like putting red /green spectrum LEDs behind blue strobe filters. My cat knows not to do that.

Can I assume you don't want to connect /have an alarm for this box? Then you might consider not buying a real bell box, but get a flashing LED kit. This is alkaline battery powered and has one or two LEDs that flash (faintly). The guys here can suggest a goodish one.

You could of course mount an industrial pilot light drilled through the bell box's case. You can get 12V LED ones, and you will see it. That would be the manly approach :D

Sponsored Links
If you connect 12 volts to the bell box only and do not connect the internal battery,then that will power the Led only.
If your original bell box is on the front of the house and you can access it from the loft area,then you could run an alarm cable from the front bell box to the rear bell box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back