Air block in hot water tap - Help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an 'Ideal esponse' combi boiler. For some time a pipe has been banging when the bahroom sink hot tap was turned on. There is now no hot water coming out of the tap at all. All other hot taps are fine, including the bath tap in the same bathroom, and the radiators throughout the house are nice and hot. I suspect an air block. Any advice on how I resplve this?

Sponsored Links
could be a dodgy tap :idea: . take the cover/ head off and if it has a horseshoe shaped circlip near where the spindle goes in ...it`s likely to be one of the little bugger s that need stripping and cleaning/new washer :idea:

I've tried the tap which seems fine. When turned fully on there is no hot water coming out at all. The boiler says the system pressure is 1.4 bar. Is it possible to get an airlock in a combi boiler system like this?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back