Air Brick in Breeze Block Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I need to get some air flow in my garage. It's single skin breeze block (the blocks have a thin Bath Stone front) so how do I install air bricks?

- They are seem to be house brick size, can I drill out part of a breeze block to put in a house brick size? They're quite old and crumbly
- Can I just drill loads of holes in an existing block? Again they're quite old and crumbly...
- How about drilling a single massive hole and installing like a bathroom vent. But I don't have the right tools for that.

mmm, any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
eactly as you have said...drill holes all the way around the perimeter of the hole you want and bash out with a hammer.

thanks, so I can cut out part of the breeze block and just lay a house brick airbrick in the hole? I can get hold of an SDS drill, what size bit do you recommend?

Sponsored Links
I had an issue with lack of air flow through the loft of my old house, and enquired about putting air bricks in both gable end walls.

Consensus was that it would be like taking a peashooter to a gunfight.

Not knowing how "airtight" your garage already is, nor how big it is, I couldn't say with any certainty whether your plan will achieve anything much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back