Air in system question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had all new rads about 4 months ago and the plumbers balanced the rads and as far as I know all was well when they left but now since having the heating on ( its a sealed system with system boiler ) when I open the airing cupboard I can hear air gurgling through the Magna clean so I open the valve until water comes out. I have been doing this for a couple of weeks , I have also gone round all rads to get any air out but none found in rads only Magnaclean.
Is there anything else I could do apart from letting air out of the Magnaclean
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I used to have a Grundfos pump in the airing cupboard but its not there now since the heating engineers replumbed the airing cupboard as it was not fitted right, should a s plan sealed system have a grundfos pump is this why my downstairs rads are not getting hot
thanks

I used to have a Grundfos pump in the airing cupboard but its not there now since the heating engineers replumbed the airing cupboard as it was not fitted right, should a s plan sealed system have a grundfos pump is this why my downstairs rads are not getting hot
thanks
I have a Grundfos pump fitted in my downstairs airing cupboard with a sealed S plan system (boiler in loft) and have never had any such problems with downstairs rads. I could hear some air percolating through the system but I also had that when it was open vented. I finally cured it after fitting a Spirovent deaereator.

Edit: Doesn’t a system boiler have the pump fitted inside the boiler?

Last edited:
I had all new rads about 4 months ago and the plumbers balanced the rads and as far as I know all was well when they left but now since having the heating on ( its a sealed system with system boiler ) when I open the airing cupboard I can hear air gurgling through the Magna clean so I open the valve until water comes out. I have been doing this for a couple of weeks , I have also gone round all rads to get any air out but none found in rads only Magnaclean.
Is there anything else I could do apart from letting air out of the Magnaclean
Thanks
Did they chemically clean the system and then flush out the new rads before installation and did they use inhibitor when refilling, yours is a fairly common occurance if not done properly.

Sponsored Links
Did they chemically clean the system and then flush out the new rads before installation and did they use inhibitor when refilling, yours is a fairly common occurance if not done properly.
Yes they chemically cleaned it , flusyit out and put inhibitor back in

So I think I have no air in the system now , im trying to balance the system as 3 rads downstairs dont get hot 1 especially so I have turned all troves off and closed all lock shields upstairs , turned heating on and now the 3 rads get hot but when im opening up the upstairs rads the downstairs ones lose heat, what am I doing wrong ?

I have fitted 2 aliddan auto vent vales to hopefully get some air out, I now have just one rad not getting hot , hot pipe flow in but not heating the rad up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back