Air in Towel Rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My system is a Vaillant Ecotec 831.

I fitted a towel rail about a month ago in the bathroom and it makes this the highest rad in the system.
When I refilled the system I bled all rad until water came out.

Now one month later I keep having to bleed the towel rail as it keeps getting air in it which make it not very hot.

Is there air getting into the "sealed" system or is the air from when I refilled the system slowely finding its way to the top?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I had a towel rad fitted about 16 months ago and it kept getting air in like yours. The fault was one of the top 2 connections, plug and vent (at the top of the rail either side) were not fully tight. The were screwed in (have a rubber o-ring/washer on them) and not 100% tight.

Kevin, this thread is about a modern pressurised syste.

I can only assume your is an open vented system which has different characteristics.

Otherwise how can you explain how air can ented a pressurised system when the pressure inside is higher than the pressure outside?

Agile - what I mean is if a nut as in my case, is not tightened fully, then when the system is on and the pump is running - air may be drawn into the system via the loose radiator nut/joint, etc.

Yes, that can happen on an open system like yours on the suction side of the pump.

But not on the pressurised system which the first posted described.

Thats why people should not hyjack other threads as that causes confusion when its related to a different senario.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back