Constant Air In Towel Rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Vaillant EcoTec 831 Combi, with 8 rads.
I seem to always get air in the towel rail which is the highest rad in the system.
If I run the heating for a few hours the towel rail will go warm then I have to bleed air out of it to get it red hot again.

The sealed system has a bottle of Fernox F1 which has been in for about 7 months.

Do I have a problem?

Sponsored Links
Not necessarily a fault.The next time you have to bleed your towel rail hold an inverted glass to collect the gas that is vented, then try to light the gas.If it ignites then you have hydrogen forming in your systen and it may require a flush and the addition of some chemical treatment.I doubt that it's air as you have a sealed system and the internal pressure is above atmospheric.Make sure that you top up you system pressure after bleeding the rads.

Does the system pressure drop to zero when it cools down? If so, your expansion vessel may be flat as in tyre, or the diaphragm may be punctured.

Sponsored Links
Do the hydrogen test as suggested earlier.If your system was brand new it may be disolved oxygen but you don't mention it as a new system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back