Air Lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a quick look on the FAQ's about getting rid of an air lock in the central heating/water system but cannot really find an answer.

I have a water cylinder with the tanks in the loft. I am currently having problems getting hot water and heating. People keep mentioning that it may be air locked. I have bled the vent near the cylinder and been round all rads and bled them. Is there anything else i need to do to shift the air lock? i have heard a method with a hose pipe?????

Any ideas please as i am struggling now.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
CHeck pump in case it needs bleeding (remove central screw)
If any rads DO work, close them
Check there's water in the header tank

What's not ewworking - everything?
What sort of system is it?
Back boiler/gravity hot water?
Valves?

Yes you can put a hose on a drain cock, or there are other ways as in one at least of the faq'a wot I rote!

Thanks for that. I'm not sure what type of system it is e.g gravity as i don't know the difference.

Nothing is working but before i start to try and bleed with the hose pipe. Silly question but does the pump work even without any water passing through it?

I have also been told on the thread that it sounds like the pump but i have undone the screw at the front and the blade inside spins freely. However, i have just took the pump out of the system and attached a 13amp plug to it and plugged it into the mains and the blade is not spinning. It seems to be trying but no joy. Is it the pump that knackered??

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back