Air still in system ?? I've bled all the rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like theres still air in my system when I turn on the heating - you can hear what sounds like water bubbles coursing through the pipes.
I've drained all the rads -could there still be air in the system.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you got an air bleed point next to the HW cylinder?

Have you got any air bleed points in the loft if you have a bungalow?

Air can get trapped in the pipe work, but if an open vent system it should, hopefully, work its way out eventually.

Cheers ..

I haven't seen any bleeds in the ch unit but we do have a bungalow so will check in the attic.

Also - our pressure release valve is being used (it's dripping warm water outside) and we're constantly losing pressure (keep having to top up system) when ch is on.
When the pressure gets to high (4 bar) we stop getting hot water also - which is a real pain - shutting off hw and ch drops pressure and we get hot water.

Hot water works fine by itself when ch is not on.

Could air in the system cause this ?

Thanks

Rob

Firstly check your filling loop is shut off fully, or disconnected.

If so, then either you need to check the expansion vessel is charged properly (see FAQ's), or the only other way water can get in to increase the system pressure would be the plate HE being holed, if it is a combi.

Constantly fresh water in the system will keep producing new air bubbles AND corrosion eventually. It needs sorting asap.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back