Airlock in CH system

Sponsored Links
Yup, very true .... combined feed and vent

Not sure if you've misread me mate, but I meant... No Vent... Feed just draws and pushes up into the f&e via a single pipe... Thus introducing hot water into the f&e at the outlet.
To me, a combined f&v means 1 pipe from the f&e to the system, but it splits just below the f&e into a feed and vent.
Just seeing if we're on the same page ;)

Yup was agree'ing @dilalio ... seen it both ways too and just call them both a combined, can't think of what else they would be ....

seen one where the feed was disconnected and the 22mm vent was plugged straight in to the f&e .... that was where an older system have it's components/pump upgraded and then there's was pumping over issues apparantly ....

the other was where there was a tee off to an up and over into the f&e to allow a free flow for safety venting but it was still the old vent they used as the feed had blocked and it was over 4 floors.

If the boiler has an overheat stat though ..... :whistle:

It all needs to be at least 22mm though so it has full room for expansion. Found they can be a pain in the ass to fill sometimes though as air and water in the same pipe and I'm not sure every manufacturer supports the layout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back