AKURA TV POOR QUALITY SOUND

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased a Akura LCD 32" TV model AELDVD2YR31502VH
I am well pleased with the picture quality and features but the sound quality is very poor (similar to that from an aircraft public address system)
Can anyone please advise if this normal on slimline TVs ? can the sound be improved ? or is this a defective model.
Any advice would be apreciated
Regards,
Colin.

Sponsored Links
It is to be expected on all slimline TVs, which have no significant air cavity behind the loudspeakers. They are intended to be used with an external loudspeaker system of your choice.

Sponsored Links
I used to get this complaint a lot from people with flat screen TVs - I would suggest investing in a 5.1 surround system if you want good sound, or doing some research on your options for audio systems for yourself.

the old CRT TVs gave a better sound than the more modern flat screens, it's physics and can't be improved as yet with current technological advances.

although i have seen a few engineers try to design speakers with a full sound which are smaller or even FLAT which you can hang on the wall, but really expensive and still in research stage (plus you have to sit at a certain spot in the room to get the full effect)

I just wanted confirmation that this syptom was not a manufactures defect, Sam gave me the answer. I have now changed the settings from the menu relating to the audio, reduced the treble and increased the bass.
which has made a marginal improvement.
The unit is installed in the bedroom so surround sound would not be a practical solution.
Best regards,
Colin.

good job ! hopefully the EQ adjustments are giving you a fuller sound ! enjoy ! :)

A suitable solution might be a pair of "computer speakers" if the TV has a jack socket for audio output (headphones).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back