Alarm insecurity - jamming, replaying and brute-forcing on the Yale HSA6400

Still no sign of your burglary drones

I'm sorry to shatter your cushy little world John, but I too saw a drone this afternoon. It was in the park. It was operated by two suspicious looking types dressed as teenagers, but I suspect that they might have been very young intelligence operatives in disguise. Their Sierra Estate looked to be brimming with satellite burst transmitters and blade servers in a way that resembled B&Q flat pack shelving. Whilst they appeared to be swearing a great deal, I think that they were actually calibrating their directional jamming signals as the drone crashed into an area of pampas grass. They were also writing stuff down.

I think that the drone followed me home, but I outsmarted it by calling in on a friend's house instead. I suppose he's going to be my ex friend soon. You'd better put your tin hat on. I'm off to replace the large padlock on my gate with a medium sized padlock. Why is the real world so cruel?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Why were you in Bedfordshire, Britain's Drone capital?

I do wonder what causes people to totally misrepresent the argument of the other party. The only person convinced they are right is them. It's really strange.

Why were you in Bedfordshire, Britain's Drone capital?

Unfortunately, I wasn't. I'm worried that burglary drones are starting to be used in Staffordshire. I think that these guys in the park must have met some of the Bedfordshire underground in a pub and bought their Python scripts. The deal probably went down like this:-
"Psst. Want to buy a Python library? It'll run on any Linux laptop with 4GB of RAM"
"Does it need the 3.x kernel?"
"No. Anything above 2.14.2 mate. Just make sure to apply patch 355-3310c before rebooting"
"Right mate. Here's a pony. Do you know where I can get a hammer so that I can nick a laptop..?"

Sponsored Links
fairly sure that now its public, that some may pick up on the issue and try it in the future.

however still requires some effort and the rewards will only be realised by targeting the right properties with those systems that are easier to tamper with.

I know some burglars go to more effort than others, from the properties I visit after the event.

Where is the school for drone pilots ? In Perth at the race course, of course the trainee pilots are all from Beds

the trainee pilots are all from Beds

That would explain why you have a problem with Burglar drones and I don't.

Are your 14-year old crack-heads able to cope with a train, or do they steal cars to drive up here?

I'm surprised they're competent to register at the training day.

fairly sure that now its public, that some may pick up on the issue and try it in the future.

however still requires some effort and the rewards will only be realised by targeting the right properties with those systems that are easier to tamper with.

I know some burglars go to more effort than others, from the properties I visit after the event.

Well, tampers with external bell boxes have been fairly common on commercial and high end domestic for a while. Masking detectors in commercial isn't unheard of either. There are more intelligent criminals about.

Tampers on ALL external bell boxes, AT LEAST MORE THAN 45 years according to an alarm engineer friend of mine who has just retired.

Cue summary on this page:-
Someone comes on talking about a blog post and seminar about radio jammers and their possible affects on some of the wireless alarms that home-owners and Mr. Average Joe have installed. A couple of posts later an argument starts. A bit more guff later and drones crop up. How?? This was meant to be a simple post about an academic (or whatever) explaining his research and asking for reviews on said work. Instead, we get people who then decide to throw pointless tat and useless points at him, generating a somewhat hostile atmosphere. What's the need? You're wasting your breath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back