alarm panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my alarm panal had no battery in it so i bourght a new one and switched it on the light behing the keypad came on but there is no sound coming through the key pad all fuses are in and ok. the fuse for the battery wasnt in so i put it in after. know nothing is working on the alarm no light to tell whats wrong with it. have i blown something. ther is only one senser on it and the rest is linked out. why is the keypad not working it was working before i put the battery in the fuses are ok not letting me do anying now tested all fuses all ok

Sponsored Links
Help us out here a bit...

What type of panel have you got? What remote keypad?

Is it an apartment? What is the one sensor you have?

I take it there's no live bell box and no monitoring?

veritas 8c texecom. there is one senser in the living room and that works the light flashes when it see you. all in one panel. dont understand had sound before i put battery in. before i put battery in the keypad worked. just could not set the alarm. so i got tols put a battery in it. the battery is right one as went to a alarm shop to buy it. before i would set the alarm but it would not stop bleeping so it didnt set.

no live in house there is a door senser but the last person to look at it took it out. only got init two grey cables from power. battery cables then 1 senser zone 1. rest is linked out

Sponsored Links
no live in house there is a door senser but the last person to look at it took it out. only got init two grey cables from power. battery cables then 1 senser zone 1. rest is linked out

Your current set up is not suitable for any purpose really.

What is the point of a panel that will only pick people up if they go in the living room, doesn't notify anyone and the only sound will be internal?

veritas 8c texecom. there is one senser in the living room and that works the light flashes when it see you. all in one panel. dont understand had sound before i put battery in. before i put battery in the keypad worked. just could not set the alarm. so i got tols put a battery in it. the battery is right one as went to a alarm shop to buy it. before i would set the alarm but it would not stop bleeping so it didnt set.

Right... A Veritas 8C will set without a battery in if everythings working.

Remove the battery so we're back to how it was.

Take off the fuse.
Turn it back on again
Wait for all the lights to go out and the keypad to start beeping
Type in 4321

Does it stop beeping?

took battery out. swithched it back on still nothing no sound. there is a senser on landing but its not connected the cable is in the panel but the last person to look at it tooki it out along with the door senser and linked to zones out. only only on the one senser till i get it working. there is a a blue un green cable in senser one thats it and that is for senser in living room that works. there are 4 cables not connectied in the panel two off other senser and two off door. the panel light still on no other lights not even the 24hr light

If your that unsure about it you may be better off getting a local company in. Get 3 quotes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back