Alarm Sounders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How many internal sounders is it possible to connect to an alarm system. It's an aritech cs-250. I was hoping to install 4. Perhaps i could use one of the relays also on the board?

Also. This panel accepts a fire alarm system. Is there any was i could connect my mains powered interlinked smoked dectors to it. Maybe spur off the interlink live to a din rail mounted transformer.......... and then to the alarm panel someway?

Thanks,
Declan

Sponsored Links
Your [panel does NOT accept a fire alarm, it does accept smoke / heat detectors.

The detectors you have are to comply with building regualtions. Leave them alone

why do you want 4 internal sounders?

as for how many, it depends on how much current they draw and how much curremt the output can supply

It is fairly common to fit a relay base to a conventional smoke alarm to provide volt free contacts to interface to an intruder alarm panel. Most makes of smoke detectors also manufacture a relay base - just fit this to one of the alarms.

When you say internal sounder, are we talking sounder, or speaker??

that is true, but mains operated smoke detectors are there as part of buildiing regs, hence leave them alone.

I was visiting some one a while back and i asked why they had 2 smoke detectors (very close to each other), Answer was "becuse alarm company fitted one for intruder alarm, other was to comply with building regs, detecttors wired into intruder alarms do not comply with building regs" (aparently)

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
why do you want 4 internal sounders?

just stick 1 240v driven masterblaster and have done with it, you'll hear that a mile away, lol.

Call a master balster a siren?
images

nah, its a whistle

square20v2t_180.jpg

now THAT'S a siren

listen

thanks for the replys. I want for sounders because (a) it's a big house! (b) there are two other buildings (storage) which I am also alarming and want to have sounders in. I am only learning about intruder alarm systems so please bear with me! I was hoping to fit fairly standard internal sounders maybe somthing like this:

images

So building regs aside, it would be possible to connect these detectors to my cs-250 in such a way that if one goes off so will all the others on the interlink and so will the intruder alarm intermittantly?

How do i wire this to the alarm panel? (i've just spotted a pic of the inside of my panel in sombody elses post (below)

I presume we are dealing with some form of a two wire system, but i only see one fire symbol.

Thanks for all your help,
Declan

img1.e63.jpg

I thought it odd to have two questions re the Aritech 250 recently.......and then this pic appears which is identical to the other thread?? Poster Changed name?

Breezer - We hav fitted relay bases in the past ready for the intruder alarm company to interface to. Not to sound extra alarms, although I beleive it does, but to call the ARC. Not for a engine response. Attaching a relay base still leaves the mains interlinked acting as they should to comply with the building regs.

On reading your post - seems you stole the pic ;)

You use the volt free contacts in the relay base to trigger any zone - connect up the contacts as if they where the alarm contacts of detector. Then program the zone as fire. This will give a pulsed output to all the attached intruder sounders, and trigger an output if you program that output as fire.

lectrician, i hear what you say, i only said what owner told me, in short bco wouldnt allow it. (then if your scenario alarm goes off alarm company wont touch smoke detectors, because they are not theirs)

C.K.

As lectrcian said you can wire them to an output, but the question still remains, how much current does each one draw, and can the panel support it?

if it cant you will have to get a separate power supply and fit a relay to drive the sounders

so i just wire it as a seperate zone, just as i would any other zone? I am actually kind a short of zones! What about the fire symbol towards the left of the panel? If i switch 'on' "fire" zone in the installation menu. it says 25 2 wire fire tamper" but if i run a +12vdc wire from the first terminal on the panel to the fire terminal the tamper dissappears. So do i use this fire terminal at all? I know i could program any zone as fire, but as i'm short..... maybe......?

as we dont have it i suggest you read the manual

you also have still not said how much current each sounder you want to add draws and how much current the panel can supply

I would also guess the fire symbol is an output, again, read the manual

thanks for all the replys. I dont have the manual. but ill wire the detectors as a seperate zone. BTW is it possible to add on zones to this panel.
Thanks
Declan,

I am not at all familiar with this panel.

It will be expandable if there are network connections somewhere. Ae there any zones on the keypad?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back