Albanian migrants, enough is enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
"Should be here" is a matter of opinion.

"Not wanted here" is a fact.
“not wanted here” is an opinion.

I believe this country should help some of the people fleeing war or persecution.

“not wanted here” is an opinion.

I believe this country should help some of the people fleeing war or persecution.

Considering many of these migrants are fleeing countries where we started the conflict in the first place, you'd think this country would be more welcoming towards people we're trying to help by sending in the RAF to help 'em out.
Bloody ungrateful swine. Coming o'er 'ere, stealin' our jobs, sleepin' wi' our wimmin...

Blowback's a bitch.

Quite a lot of coverage today re: issues with Manston processing centre. Designed to hold 1600 max, currently 3000+ being temporarily held there. Different options being explored including housing them in hotels.

It's funny (not in a humerous way) to hear differing views on the whole boat people situation. Although guests are intentionally booked to create heated debates, they had the 'comedian' Kate Smurthwaite on Jeremy Vine this morning. Another guy was on the panel. When this issue was being discussed they mentioned the possibility of these people being moved to hotels. Jeremy (yes yes he knew the reaction he'd get) suggested to Kate that people who had booked to stay in the hotel e.g. for a holiday might not be overly impressed to then see migrants in the hotel.

Kate of course comes out with her stuff about all humans being equal, if you have an issue with that sort of thing then you need to have a look at yourself etc.

Surely most people, if booking a UK hotel for a holiday base, wouldn't want to share the space with migrants that are awaiting processing, or am I wrong on that?

For example, I have the fullest of sympathy for homeless people, however I'd be a bit pee'd off if the hotel I booked for my hols was e.g. a third full of homeless people. Surely I can't be alone in thinking along those lines?

The whole situation is becoming an increasing mess, all because our government can't ... or won't ... get to grips with this cluster f**k.

Sponsored Links
2% of the Male adult population are here. Some 50,000 people according the bloke in charge of tackling the problem.
Really? There are thoughts that 1 to 2% of male Albanians think about coming here but fact is

MPs previously heard that about 12,000 Albanians have arrived in the UK after crossing the Channel so far this year, of whom 10,000 were single, adult men. This compares with 50 in 2020.

Unlikely to get asylum where as most of the other arrivals do.

We have the Rwanda side show but it seems talks are ongoing looking for a pan europe solution. Tricky. Macron does have interest - the rest pass.

Last edited:
Farage made it to the BBC just now to speak on this. He's only a shade beyond what most would feel appropriate policy. He pointed out the proximity of the Manston airfield.

There's a scope for some eye candy, a stream of albanians being marched in single file , under guard, from the beach to the access ramp on a C130.
For Tirana billboards.
That would be a 20% hike in tory popularity, at a stroke.

Tha albanian demographic of 300k males in their 20's , at 2% is 6000, so they're all here now.

They do seem to be a disproportionate problem
"Albanian nationals currently represent the highest percentage of foreign nationals in custody with more than 1,500 in prison in England and Wales – around 10% of overseas criminals in jail."

it seems talks are ongoing looking for a pan europe solution. Tricky. Macron dose have interest - the rest pass.
About bloody time. Haven't seen anything much on that.

The truth is that the UK can't solve this illegal migration crisis on its own,
Its a pan European problem.
The EU allows non EU citizens access to its territory, once they are inside the EU there is nothing to stop them heading across Europe to Britain.
They get to the channel and get in a boat, if they manage to get to Britain undetected they disappear into the black economy.
If they are detected by border force officials, they claim asylum and are allowed onto British soil, the immigration lawyers get involved and thats when the shenanigans begin.
Its a win win situation for the illegal migrant, there doesn't seem to be any downsides to this debacle.

About bloody time. Haven't seen anything much on that.
It's been mentioned several times but a tricky subject.

The BBC also had migration watch on. Interviewer mentioned that most gain asylum anyway as they meet the conditions so he immediately switched to Albanians.

Latest is some higher person in the home office decided to not sort out accommodation so the system has fouled up even more. She has security problems as well and not just the main one being mentioned in the news - too much use of her personal mobile phone rather then her gov one.

Labour mention that the processing rate has dropped off. I posted a link showing that deportations started falling as soon as they got in.

Has tricky dicky Sunak pre selected his first reshuffle? I'm surprised Gove is there, He would make 2.

The truth is that the UK can't solve this illegal migration crisis on its own,
Its a pan European problem.
The EU allows non EU citizens access to its territory, once they are inside the EU there is nothing to stop them heading across Europe to Britain.
They get to the channel and get in a boat, if they manage to get to Britain undetected they disappear into the black economy.
If they are detected by border force officials, they claim asylum and are allowed onto British soil, the immigration lawyers get involved and thats when the shenanigans begin.
Its a win win situation for the illegal migrant, there doesn't seem to be any downsides to this debacle.
Booooooo!!!
Racist!!!
Take a long hard look at yourself!!!
We're all human you know!!!

These are the types of reply you'd receive from the lefty woke tree hugging brigade that seem to see no issue whatsoever with the numbers going up and up.

Yes it's a EU/global issue, however I stand by my view. Given little seems to be happening on a wider scale, we should be throwing a good few million at this UK side to build basic, clean, safe, temporary places to house these people and to significantly increase sea/border patrols to ensure the boat people are processed directly to one of the aforementioned temporary places. The challenge of course is the processing. Because they've been taught on what to do/say, they immediately go into a legal process that is bursting at the seams, leading to things taking months if not years instead of weeks to be resolved when it comes to concluding if they should be allowed to stay.

to house these people a
Which of "these people"
The ones wanting to join Albanian crime gangs?
The ones trying to away from persecution for being LGBTQ?
The ones trying to away from persecution for being religious?
The ones trying to pretend they're in an oppressed group because all they really want to do is claim off our soc services?
The ones trying to get a job?
The ones trying to get a job because they have a family of 8 they want to bring over?

Of course we should take some refugees, but there has to be a limit on numbers, and we should get to say who comes. If we want to put Hong Kong or Afghan folk first, there's less quota for random people who feel like turning up for other reasons.

The "rules" which were agreed on back in the 50's are out of date and not fit for purpose now. Several countries have ignored them. We need to start afresh.

Which of "these people"
The ones wanting to join Albanian crime gangs?
The ones trying to away from persecution for being LGBTQ?
The ones trying to away from persecution for being religious?
The ones trying to pretend they're in an oppressed group because all they really want to do is claim off our soc services?
The ones trying to get a job?
The ones trying to get a job because they have a family of 8 they want to bring over?

Of course we should take some refugees, but there has to be a limit on numbers, and we should get to say who comes. If we want to put Hong Kong or Afghan folk first, there's less quota for random people who feel like turning up for other reasons.

The "rules" which were agreed on back in the 50's are out of date and not fit for purpose now. Several countries have ignored them. We need to start afresh.
???

Take a few words from my post and completely misconstrue my point.

Well done ;)

Said on the news it’s costing the UK 7 million ? a day in hotel fees

One community near Dover obtained a court order to stop a local hotel being requisitioned

Also reports from people who have had Albanians walk into there house or climbing over there wall / fence

What ever conditions they are presently living in there a damn site better than what they were getting in Calais

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back