Aldi Ferrex Compatible Battery

V66

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Has any one found a compatible battery for the “Activ Battery’ range that power the last generation of Ferrex own brand tools sold in Aldi.

They’ve been like hens teeth over last few months in store and online.
it’s the 20v or 20/40v size I’m trying to replace with the five slot ( not four slot like most Workzone units).

I’m aware there are units on eBay etc costing four times original price and some adaptive type units that are not far behind in the same price range that give flexibility to use another manufacturers battery ( but you still have to buy a battery on top!)

Happy to pay a bit more ( than original) for a generic if it fits…maybe with a little added value power than original.

Aldi just say that they’ll inform category buyers.

Anyone solved this problem?

thanks in advance
v66

Sponsored Links
They should be available in March, so I hear.

IMO Aldi shold not be selling the tools without any power being available for them, the buyer loses several months from the warranty without being able to use them.

Sponsored Links
They should be available in March, so I hear.

IMO Aldi shold not be selling the tools without any power being available for them, the buyer loses several months from the warranty without being able to use them.

Thanks for that.
I had not heard that as I have not been able to get customer services or any store staff to commit to anything…. But I did start this quest a few weeks ago now.

I’d just hoped it was about maybe the overall battery shortage issues we’ve all heard about in the press or a churn of Christmas lines being more important.

I’ve had mine a while so no warranty issue in my case…. But I as you say they are still selling ‘bare’ units.
I just wondered if I was missing a generic battery trick….. I’ve posted on two large forums and no-one has come rushing in to tell me x,y or z fits. Looks like I’ll have to be patient then.
Thank again.

There is a Facebook group "ALDI TOOL FANS" and every couple of days someone new joins and asks the same thing.

If your battery has failed then it may be worth looking into opening it up and seeing if you have a defective cell that can be replaced.

• Thanks
Reactions: V66
Ok great, I’ll check it out.
Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back