Alpha 240p gas problem? Help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
For a while my boiler has been intermittently unable to ignite for hot water or heating. This is getting more frequent and lasting for longer before it will kick in again. I believe that the gas valve is probably sticking and have tapped it a few time to resolve the issue. Is there any better checks I can do to confirm and is this problem usual in this type of boiler?

Please let me know if you need any further details to be able to help,

Sponsored Links
It could be sticking but that is not that common. It could also be an electrical problem.

You could measure that the correct voltage is being applied to the valve.

But we do not give advice on DIY gas repairs on this site as they should be done by a registered engineer.

Tony

My friend is recently registered so he will do any work, but thought I would come on here as you guys will have much more experience. At the moment he is unsure of the fault.

If he is gas registered and needs advice then he has to ask in the closed section of this site expecially for registered engineers.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The pilot will not even light now. It was only firing up once after re-starting.

You had better call your friend quickly then!

If he is a good friend he will come this afternoon!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back