Alpha 240x dropping pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a problem with my Alpha 240X, in that it is dropping pressure over a couple of days. I can top the pressure up using the fill loop. When I opened the drop cover for the boiler I found that water appeared to be dripping from the round brass device on the front left, DHW flow valve, I think!
I checked screws were tight, they were. I felt the back of the valve and found it to be wet too! Could the housing be cracked? DHW and CH all OK, apart from the blasted loss of pressure!

Are there any seal kits I should consider replacing on the DHW valve, or could it be something more serious?

All advice greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
This type of leak is often due to the internal seals leaking in the DV.

There is a recon kit available for the DV, some use them and have no problems at all, but I personally like to replace the DV with a new one. (a lot quicker and cheaper for the customer and I get a 12 month warranty on the new part ;) )

So it is unlikely to be the DHW flow valve then gas4you. What is the DV then?

I guess this aint a job for an amateur?

Sponsored Links
Divertor valve, probably what you are calling the flow valve ;)

As no gas work is invloved, anyone can attempt to remove and recon the unit.

As I said, some do and do a very good job, personally I wouldn't attempt it, but then that is just my personal choice ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back