Alpha Ocean 240X Boiler -Low Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an Alpha Ocean 240X combi boiler and the pressure has dropped to near Zero, it is still working and I know I will have to fill it but dont know how, thers is a blue loops like a washing machine hose but no levers or anything can anyone advise me.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Look for a valve with a screw fitting on top of valve (service valve) turn this half way round until you have reached your desired presure 1bar or 1.5 bar turn back to its original position to stop filling boiler.

Hi thanks for the swift reply, there is a double check valve assembly about 6 inches away from the filling loop, would this be it do you think, I was looking for a lever, furhter along from the double check valve assembly there is a stopcock so maybe this is it

dont get mixed up with the service valve and the double chek valve
the double check valve should be on the heating side of the pipework
on the other end should be the mains water inlet valve just open it up till you hear the water going in check the pressure then close it off rearly the pipe should be removed after filling and both ends capped off until its needed again

mick

Sponsored Links
On the 240P and 240E th filling loop is up under the back, connected to the isolating valves, not sure about the X.

Hi Gasmick,

Thanks for the reply, I cannot find the part you are telling me to open.
There is a blue hose like a washing machine hose, under this there is a threaded connection which looks as if something is missing, then to the left there is copper piping, the double check valve then a stopcock. I havent got any levers or anything to turn.

I have found the place for the water to be turned on but there is a part missing from it, the plumber in work has given me a washmac fitting to use, but it is a different size to fit onto it does anyone know where I could buy another lever fitting to fit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back