Alpha Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just changed an Alpha CB28 Combi boiler (not new). The problem is that the pilot light keeps going off. It fires for a few seconds and then it goes off. Can anyone help please. Some have suggested that it might be the pump that is jammed as it has been off for a while. How can this be corrected.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
in the middle of the pump is a large screw , remove it and then turn the pump shaft with a screwdriver this should sort it out unless the pump is burned out.

Hi Thanks for that. We have tried it. But the problem is still there. someone is saying that it might be the gas valve. Do you think that this is the case? It basically lights up for about ten seconds, I can see the flame, but then it goes out.

Thanks

From what you say it sounds as if you have fitted a second hand boiler although you are not an experienced heating installer. If the pump shaft has been spun to ensure its free then it should work IF its was in working order!

Boilers are relatively complicated appliances although their function is quite simple.

A competent CORGI engineer would probably find the fault within minutes. From what you have told us it seems its not detecting the flame.

I would question the source of the boiler and why it was sold second hand. I hear of lots of people who buy second hand appliances sold as "working" only to find that they have faults.

Tony.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back