Alpha cb28 boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
i have a problem with my boiler alpha cb28.hot water runs fine most of the time but does occasionally run cold. The central heating after it has been on for about 1 hr it shuts down with a solid red light & yellow light flashing although the fan is still running & stays like this for about 1/4 hr then starts itself up again & the red light goes off untill the next time, which could be 1/2hr or sometimes its ok for hrs, i have drained & refilled the system,the pump is working & clean & all rads get hot. we do live in a hard water area & boiler is about 13yr old but is serviced anually.it has had a diverter valve & flow switch fitted few years ago any advice appriciated.
regards loyd

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
hi & thanks do you mean the low water pressure switch or the dhw flow switch as dhw flow switch has been replaced before

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
low water pressure switch ,it probably just needs cleaning, but your pump could be sticking, both would give you that fault

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back