Alpha CB28 Mechanical Clock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hi all,

I've just moved into a new house and I've got an Alpha CB28. Initially it had low pressure, but i've managed to sort that now. However, the mechanical clock doesn't rotate. The on/off/timer switch works, but I have to switch the tabs to the 'on' position if it is set to timer & it just doesn't rotate as time goes by. Any ideas as to whether a novice could remove it and re-attach it? Or if I purchase a new one from some where whether I could install it myself?

Any help greatly appreciated

Ad

Sponsored Links
What make is it ?? is it a graslin ( think that is how it is spelt ?) clock ??

Used by many boiler manus ? they just put there name on it ! change it ?

Common sense (obviously ) 3 or 4 connections push on spades ?

Drop down the controls cover and the clock is behind a removeable panel.Note position of 4 wires and remove clock by the fixing screws.Those clocks as all Alpha parts are notoriously expensive.Isolate electrics b4 work.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys,

Seems like a standard Alpha mechanical clock. Have removed the clock now and it does seem very simple, still not sure why it is has stopped rotating, but hey-ho. Will order another for £30ish.

Is it worth considering a room stat? Or will that be much more costly?

Appreciate your views

A wireless room stat is a good idea.Once set temp is reached then the boiler will shut down instead of cycling when rooms are warm enough.Saves a bit on gas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back