Alpha CB28X hot water issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

W have a alpha CB28X boiler which over the past couple of weeks started playing up in the fact that the Domestic Hot Water (DHW) would go off randomly or you could only get it if the Central Heating (CG) was on.

Having searched this very useful forum it was clear that its was probably going to be the diaphragm in the divertor or the DHW microswitch. I unhooked the microswitch and pressed the the button on the end of it and i could hear the boiler fire up and cutout as i pressed and depressed it, so i assumed that was ok and that it was going to be the diaphragm.

So i replaced the diaphragm over the weekend but found the original one didn't appear to be overly worn or damaged (no holes in it) but having replaced it the boiler seemed to be behaving so assumed it had fixed it.

However yesterday it would occasionally play up again

So before i fork out for a new switch my question is even though the microswitch appears to be working when pressed by hand could the pointy end of it be worn slightly so that it's not always getting pressed when the part in the divertor is moving and pressing the end of the switch?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Boiler should fire for HW when the microswitch is unclipped, not when the 'button' is pressed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back