Alpha CB33 Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just had a confusing chat with Alpha Technical dept, the internal fuse was blowing on initial start up, we suspected the fan and determined that was the fault, fan changed and then the fan runs ok but again the fuse blows, points me to the air/pressure switch, one the fan has proved its running, one guy said we can just join the two wires together from the air pressure switch and if it starts the switch is at fault, but the other guy says different, now I'm led to beleive the first guy is correct, once fan is up and running(proved), we just join air pressure switch wires togther and it should fire up, can anyone shed light as it has confused me (not hard i know).

Thanks

Ian

Sponsored Links
If you're Gas Safe Registered, ask this in the Combustion Chamber section of the site. If you're not, you shouldn't be fiddling about with the bits you are, and nobody on here will give you any advice on them

Thanks Muggles, yes my plumber is GSR, he doesn't do fault finding though, installations are his bread & butter, we were trying to help the woman as her boiler packed up last thing tonight while he was helping one of my guys fit a kitchen so thought we'd try to help, but don't want to get my guy bogged down with something he doesn't really do. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back