alpha cd50 diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is it possible to replace the valve assembley only without replacing the body on this boiler

Sponsored Links
assuming its the daft valve that most alphas use, yes there is a service kit for it i believe. due to alphas mad pricing it probably costs as much as a new valve does.

Yes you can change the motorised head (part 3.011991), two screws underneath, not the two holding the case together, and undo the wiring noting where it goes.

assuming its the daft valve that most alphas use, yes there is a service kit for it i believe. due to alphas mad pricing it probably costs as much as a new valve does.

no it's a totally different part and the flow switch is much more reliable also, and the wax stat which reduces flow when the stored water is below 48 degrees C is also totally reliable. They used roughly the same part for the solar diversion to combi as it was so reliable.

Basically it is the most reliable Alpha bar the Regular boiler range.

I am surprised there is a problem with the DV most unusual.

Sponsored Links
ok, paul knows best on alphas, clearly its not what i thought it was :LOL:

Just looked on parts center.

Although the parts arena breakdown shows head and body seperately, when you click to add to basket, all you can get is the complete DV assemby.

Strangely enough this is very reasonably priced for an Alpha. (trade)

Parts center cat no 449906

Of course there was a batch which fell off the wall. I never came to them but we were all sent a flyer, look out for such and such a bracket and change it. What a chaw take boiler off wall, change bracket,put it back.

I asked my boss "how do you know when you get one that needs changing?"

"The boiler will be on the floor"

He was a card Dave Togah, and a diamond geezer.

Actually they are carp I recommend your customer pay me to drive down and take it away for him while you fit something decent like a Vaillant.

Remember the boilers are Immergas Probably priced in Euros

IMMERGAS GRUPPO MOTORE 3VIE AVIO-ZEUS MAIORS 3.011991 40.40

the div vavle ,not the motorized head, is in 2 parts,the brass body and plastic piece,which held on with 2 allen bolts.the valve is leaking from the plastic part to which the head is connected,the instruction manual says to remove the 2 bolts to access valve assembley. ps thanx for the part number Steve

I had a CD50 installed with a new CH system approx 4 years ago. I am about to replace the third diverter valve with a fourth. This boiler has destroyed approximately one diverter valve per year. Both Alpha service engineers when, replacing DV1 with DV2, and DV2 with DV3, said that there were no obvious signs as to why this would happen. DV3 is now leaking so it will be DV4 very soon.

Why would so many DVs should fail and so regularly.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

The CH system was installed very professionally from what I can tell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back