Alpha Combi Boiler pressure issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey people, i have a problem with my Alpha combi boiler, when the boiler is workinh the pressure is maxed out and water starts to drip from somewhere in the boiler, when the boiler is completely cool the pressure doesnt go nowhere near as low as the green preferred pressure line, i was told to release pressure by bleeding radiators which i did this morning which worked fine the pressure was normal now, when i go home at lunch the pressure had gone up high again even though the boiler hadnt been used, now im no professional but common sense tells me that something is letting the tank constantly fill itself up

Any help on this topic would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Most common thing is the filling loop valves are not turned off properly and are letting water into the system. Drop by drop the pressure builds. Depending on the alpha, there's two blue valves to turn the water off, one at either end of the flexi tube. Do a visual check that the valve handle is turning the spindle it's attached to.

A more expensive scenario is there's a breach in the domestic hot water heat exchanger allowing mains water into the radiator water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back