Alpha Ocean 240E trickle leak from joint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got an Alpha Ocean 240E with a trickle leak from joint just below the Primary/Main Heat Exchanger. Photo attached

Can anyone tell me if this is a threaded or push fit joint and what type of seal if any is used.

The joint has a retaining clip over.

Many thanks

G

Sponsored Links
Okay, found out it's a push fit with O ring seals.

Anyone done this before and can give any advice?

Cheers

G

very easy to fix but get a tube of silicon lube, the Regin stuff available from most plumb centres etc is as good as any and smear some on the replacement O ring

Sponsored Links
Hold on there....

//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/diy-gas.8090/

Clearly not understanding such a simple issue as an O ring joint proves incompetence.

Taking the combustion chamber off the fan and heat exchanger out is madness. It is very easy on these models to re-fit certain components and drastically effect the combustion safety.

I can guarantee more than a couple of O rings will be required and although the parts are cheap they are absolutely essential.

Leave well alone and call a boiler engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back