Altech inhibitor test?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our sealed heating system is 16 months old and was filled with Altech inhibitor when new. Since then, several valves and things have been replaced, so I'm worried that the inhibitor has become diluted. Is there a way to test it? I can find Altech inhibitor but not a test kit for it.

Sponsored Links
Just bang another dose in. Probably cheaper than buying a test kit which Altech don't make anyway.

Mind you

Altech don't make inhibitor either ;)

I have been told that it is made for graham by fernox. The giveaway is that the bottles are suspiciously similar! So presumably its exactly the same stuff and a fernox test kit will work. But as dan said, you might as well just put another bottle in.

A lot of merchants say their cheap products are made by the big names.

But at a Sentinel presentation the rep said they don't supply their products to ANY other seller!

Tony

Sponsored Links
A lot of merchants say their cheap products are made by the big names.

But at a Sentinel presentation the rep said they don't supply their products to ANY other seller!

Tony
The same Sentinel that said softened water damages heating systems? ;)

Thanks for the advice. The Altech inhibitor bottles look identical to the "No nonsense" ones sold by Screwfix, but look different to Fernox bottles to me. I can only find test kits for Fernox and Sentinel. Is it worth trying those?

I could just stick in a bottle of Altech now without testing, but then I may be worrying again a couple of years later...

Talking of deluted inhibitor Sentinal X100 is very deluted & they recommend a system is topped up annually!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back