Altech 3 port valve (Model ALTHC011)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Open coal fire heating water and the radiators. Fitted is an Altech mid position 3 port valve. Trouble started 3 days ago when water was overheating, then being forced around the radiators, although at times the radiators were cold. Examining the 3 port valve I have found that the lever is 'loose' and can be moved to the left or right quite freely.
Does this indicate that the valve is now faulty ?
By moving the lever to either of its two positions (by hand) can I manually change where the hot water is being sent to, ie the hot water tank, or the radiators ?
The original 3 port valve may have been a Honeywell model. It was replaced by a plumber about 3-4 years ago with the Altech.
Assuming that the Altech cannot be repaired, and I will need a new valve, should I return to a Honeywell model, or are there other recommended makes ?
Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back