Alternative to DeWalt vac bag

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend an alternative bag for a DeWalt DXV20P 20 litre vacuum cleaner? Aside from the price, £16.98 for three (ouch!) they’re out of stock at Toolstation and have been for ages. The only other place I’ve seen them is at Machine Mart but before trekking over there I thought I’d check if anyone had found an alternative that works. The link below will show the product details.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
Not a deWalt user (Metabo), but have you tried Googling "reusable dust bags for deWalt DXV20P" to see what you get? I did and came up with this, but not being a DW user I have no idea if they are compatible. I have managed to get reusable filter bags for my Metabo for years. The bags you need to look for have the bag joints sewn together rather than being induction welded or glued, and they have a zip stitched in to allow you to empty them. I get anything up to 12 uses out of each of the ones I use at a cost of around £10 a pop (last time I actually bought any). Another option might be to get a larger bag of the same type which fits the inlet pipe and have a competent sewing person modify it for you

You can buy universal bags - some come with an adhesive part where you remove the cardboard from your old bag and stick it on. To be honest, I've found that cheap Henry bags fit most vacs where it just goes over the internal "spout".

You can buy universal bags - some come with an adhesive part where you remove the cardboard from your old bag and stick it on. To be honest, I've found that cheap Henry bags fit most vacs where it just goes over the internal "spout".

Agreed. Two of my oldest dust extractors are Festo CT22. Although the paper bags are still available (at an inflated price), I buy the better cloth (rather than paper bags) for a similarly sized Festool dust extractor. My old bags have a nozzle on the bag which pushes in to the inlet pipe. I just use a glue gun to stick the nozzles to the new bags. The new bags are far better quality and cheaper.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back