Alternative to plastic 82mm soil pipe for air vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is the wrong forum

We're hoping to have a stove installed that has an option to connect an external, vented air supply direct to the back of the stove's airbox. The stove's over 5kW so needs a dedicated air supply to meet building regs, and using the piped supply will avoid having to have an open vent in the room.

The stove manufacturer says that an 82mm pipe is required, and that it's OK to run plastic to the back of the stove - it doesn't get that hot where the pipe connects. The problem is the stove's in the middle of the house and there not a straight run to an outside wall - the best run will need four 90 degree turns. I've had a look for 82mm pipe and fittings locally but none of the local builders or plumbing merchants stock it. It's also much more expensive than I'd expected on the few sites I've found on the internet.

Does anyone know of a good source of 82mm pipe and fitting online (i.e delivered)? Alternatively, can anyone suggest an alternative to plastic?

Thanks!

Joe

Sponsored Links
£25 for a 3m length - best I`ve found online Vs 4m of 110mm for about £26 - dunno price of 3 inch black iron though ;)

. I've had a look for 82mm pipe and fittings locally but none of the local builders or plumbing merchants stock it.
Joe
Welcome to the world of Sussex Builders Merchants :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
110mm pipe and fittings are probably more commonly available, and the increase in size would help compensate for the number of bends.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back