Alternative to Water Hammer Arrestor

AEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had lead pipework replaced with copper and now get water hammer when closing the kitchen tap. It's a quarter turn mono type and from reading this forum it seems to be a common problem with these taps.

Before I ask my plumber to come back and fit a water hammer arrestor, I am wondering if this could be caused by bad design. The rising main is 28mm MDPE which is joined to 22mm copper. The 22mm goes to the cold water tank and has a 15mm tee that goes to the kitchen tap. The 15mm run is around 4 metres. I am wondering if changing this section of pipework to 22mm would cure the water hammer issue (wider pipe, slower flow). Is it more common to run 22mm tright up to the kitchen sink taps and convert to 15mm just at the end of the run? Is this worth attempting?

Sponsored Links
Clips is the usual secret, or not enough of them.

Pipes need to fixed or they will jump about under pressure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back